Saturday, August 24, 2013

Jones Street with a View

    I love when people ask me how we ended up in Savannah. It is a long story that started in 1995...I don't often like to bore people with it, so most of the time I just ask them to take a look around and ask me how I didn't end up in Savannah. I have lived in many towns, some big, some small, but none of them compare to Savannah. Yes, there are good things and there are bad things here- sad as it is, it is like that in so many great towns- but the spirit of this place & it's people is simply amazing! I love that after being here for 3 years (just) I Still carry my camera with me wherever I go and I Still find things that make me stop and say "Wow- I live in a beautiful place".
   Take for example this beautiful scene I happened upon while walking back to my car after a client showing. Jones Street. O lovely, lovely Jones Street. This street just oozes history and charm with it's gorgeous trees, cobblestones and the houses- oh my goodness, the houses...I never tire of ohhhing and ahhing at the architecture of the homes built in the 18th & 19th centuries. Walking down this street makes me feel as though I have stepped back in time! 


   I just love how the late-afternoon sun is peeking through the trees and highlighting our beautiful flag. And look at all those flags proudly on display...makes my patriotic heart proud. Wow- how blessed I am to live in such a beautiful place!

    If you've ever been to Savannah, I hope you have enjoyed the views of this stunningly, gorgeous street. If you have not made it to Savannah yet, be sure to put a stroll on this street on your bucket list.  Also on Jones Street are such goodies as the famous Mrs. Wilkes Dining Room (which, I am ashamed to say that I have not tried as of yet) and Clary's Café ( the eggs benedict are my favorite!). I have lost count of the antique shops and cute shops tucked away along this street, but I will gladly do a recount! 

   I hope you enjoy this little view and I hope you are all enjoying your weekend!

Sarah Cate

   

No comments:

Post a Comment